Thursday 7 January 2016

God Meets You Right Where You Are

Its insane how we seem to think that when we're struggling and arguing with life, that God leaves us astray. We wonder why we feel like we're walking this heartache alone, we question why the heartache even happened. And the truth is, I'm not fit to answer those questions. But here's how I look at life struggles, and some of the things I do to look over them at the brighter side of life, and how giving them to God will bring you through them.

For months I was struggling, I was in what felt like a very unsafe, "un-homey" feeling. I felt lost, but didn't know it, I was lowering my standards for the acceptance of others, I dove right into college life, and told myself not to look back.
What I didn't realize at the time, is that is was temptation pulling me towards that life; satan. I wasn't going to let him win.
The night I realized I needed to come home I was in an environment where major drugs were happening; and although I did not partake in the events happening, I couldn't believe my eyes.
I could not comprehend that I had gotten myself to a place where this is where I was standing. Physically, and emotionally I didn't know who I was anymore.
I went home late that night, and I cried myself to sleep. For nights that felt unending I went to bed with tears in my eyes because I felt trapped, secluded, lonely, unwanted, unloved, and alone.

What we never seem to realize when we feel alone is that through this, God had a purpose for my heart, and my life. He met me right where I was, in my pain. He knows my heart, I knew my cry for help was real. After nights of sobbing myself to sleep, one night instead the song Oceans by Hillsong United came on my Beats headphones. All I can sum up about that evening is that I was lifted up, the Lord met me right where I was and set me free from this lonely, sad, depressed, anxiety filled, scared, home sick girl and held me. As the lyrics sang "Keep my eyes above the waves, when oceans rise my soul will rest in your embrace. For I am yours, and you are mine" I just broke down. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, and I suddenly fell to the dorm room floor. I banged the floor with my fists praising Jesus and in those moments clarity in my sorrow was found. Crying out to God, hoping He'll hear you- not even knowing He was there holding you, waiting for you.
He is my portion, He gives me breath, He gives me warmth, He keeps my eyes above the waves.
Through my struggles, and especially this major one; God set me free, He met me right where I was. In sin, in pain, in the scary shadows of what I call darkness, and reminded me of His love and how it is eternal, and my pain and this life- isn't.

Oceans-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw


No comments:

Post a Comment